Home Health Happiness
Call: 1300 932 140
Take control and get the services you need!
Avida Care now offers all our Home Care Packages as "Self Managed".
Spend your funds the way you want.
Don't keep paying ridiculously high fees to your current provider every month.
Compare what we offer and call us anytime to find out more.
***Please note that due to high demand and long wait lists we are currently not accepting new clients, and are currently only offering our Home Care Packages in Queensland. Please check back in Mid 2020***
Package Management Costs – Per Fortnight
(Subject to Annual Indexation Increase)
Level 1 - $42.00 Level 3 - $161.00
Level 2 - $74.20 Level 4 - $241.50
"the feedback about Avida Care is wonderful in terms of both the carer and consumer experience...the model you are operating is really resonating with your clients..." COTA Australia (Increasing Self Management in Home Care Project)
Proud to be Different!
Changes to Home Care Package regulations in February 2017 mean that you can now choose the services you need, enjoy lower fees and have more control over when and how your care funds are spent!
How are we different?
- Avida Care only offers "Self-Managed" packages which puts you in control, allowing you to select your services and choose the care options and care workers that are best for you. **
- We do not charge you basic daily contribution fees.
- We do not charge exit fees (or entry fees!).
- We have no hidden fees or charges.
- We have capped numbers of clients that we work with to ensure we deliver a high quality, personal service. We want to be a great Provider, not a large one.
- Our unique Client Portal allows you to see your current transactions and actual Package Balance at any time, as well as your historical statements, giving you the information you want when you need it.
- We believe in an “outside the square” approach to home care.
**Workers must be appropriately qualified and have current police checks and insurances. Care recipients must have appropriate Household Worker Cover. Additional documents may also be requested.
How do you know which provider will be best for you?
There are many providers making a lot of claims about better services and prices. Make sure that you get all the facts before signing up!
Questions You Should be Asking a Prospective Service Provider:
• Do you charge a sign up fee?
• What percentage of my subsidy is available to me after Provider fees (e.g. Administration and Coordination)?
• Are my Coordination hours capped and if so what are the subsequent costs?
• Do your service fees include employee mileage and travel time or will there be an extra charge for this? How much? Any other costs I should know about?
• How much are your exit fees?
• Do you employ your own staff or are they contractors?
• Do all your service employees hold at least a Certificate III in Independent Living, or equivalent qualification?
• What are your brokerage fees?
"Your Service is Exemplary and after switching from our previous provider life has become stress free…."JG (QLD)
"can’t thank you enough for helping me keep mum at home. I was beside myself thinking I would have to put mum in a nursing home or give up work…" D (NSW)
"such a delight to have professional people involved rather than just salesmen…."H (QLD)